Sunday, January 3, 2010

back to the cards

Have started using tarot again, doing a 4 card spread before I go to bed at night, or first thing in the morning. Instead of simply asking for a forecasting,  "what will the day bring?" type of question, I make a statement of intention, the kind of day I want to have. This is Jim Nammack's suggestion, and I am finding it to be a really powerful way to use the available energy to my best advantage and highest good.

I shuffle and double cut the cards 5ish times, sometimes six or seven, but always at least one more time than the number of cards in the spread. Fanning out the cards, the first card is at the top, and is the main card that the other three support. 

Today, the main card is Nine Cups...oh boy, the wish card! "you pamper and indulge yourself, and this is a good thing." The supporting cards are 8Pentacles,  which is about hard work and skill, the Star which is about the soul's true purpose and ability, and 9Pentacles, which is material and physical support. My intention for the day is to prepare for the coming week and going back into my routine with a positive attitude. So it sounds like taking care of myself appropriately today will give me the strength and courage I need to take on my responsibilities without fussing about it.

1 comment:

  1. I find the cards can be collaborative inspiration from the the random side of the duality between chance and fate. I'm doing facebook lately.

    ReplyDelete